Information included in the WABDaB is in the public domain and copyrighted to the WABDaB, with the following exceptions and conditions of use.
- You can always export, and use freely, the observations entered by yourself. When you export your observations the coordinates of the location of each observation will be included.
- Exported observations not entered by you will not have the coordinates included.
- For a limited number of species that are likely to suffer from persecution there are limitations on the provision of information based on the observations of others. For Hooded Vulture, Egyptian vulture,White-headed Vulture, White-backed Vulture, Lappet-faced Vulture, Rüppell’s Griffon Vulture, Golden Eagle, Verraux's Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Lanner Falcon, Black-crowned Crane, Arabian Bustard, Denham's Bustard and Nubian Bustard, Senegal Parrot, only an overall distribution map is shown, without indication of breeding and with only one size symbol, irrespective of the number of observations in a block. Individual records, breeding maps and breeding records are only made available on special request and to trusted indivuals and organisations.
- Any one using for any purpose information from the WABDaB undertakes to acknowledge "the West African Bird DataBase, www.WABDaB.org"
- Anyone writing a scientific or popular publication, based on data of which 10% or more is from a single WABDaB user, is expected to offer that user co-authorship via the WABDaB manager or webmaster.
- Anyone wishing to use data from the WABDaB for commercial purposes is requested to contact the WABDaB manager or webmaster so that an appropriate fee can be agreed to. Any such fees will only be used to further the knowledge and conservation of birds and their habitats in the countries covered by the WABDaB. Their receipt and use will be accounted for publicly.
- For the use of images from the WABDaB, permission must be granted by the copyright holder (via the manager or webmaster).
- All information included in the WABDaB is correct as far as we can ascertain. We can, however, not be held liable for any inaccuracies that may be present.
Edited: 2020-12-18 [JBr]