How to upload photos
To add a photo to one of your observations, just follow these steps:
- Select "My observations" in the section "Personal options". A list of your most recent observations is displayed. To find a certain observation you might have to apply some filter criteria, you do this by expanding the "Display options" at the top of the list.
- When you have found the observation you are looking for, follow the corresponding "Edit" link that is displayed to the right in the list.
- At the bottom of the "Edit observation" page you can upload one image at a time.
Please note: To save disc space on the NiBDaB server and to prevent copyright violations, the images are scaled down to currently 600 pixel on the longest side, if necessary. To get the best result you should therefore crop the image before uploading it, removing the less relevant margins of the photo. In this way details don't get too small in the final result.
- After uploading, you are shown the image on a page where you can enter a title, description and photographic equipment used. Don't forget to click "Save" if you make any changes to these fields.
- Congratulations! Your newly uploaded picture should now be displayed on the WABDaB start page and on your profile page.
Registered users can comment your photo. You receive an email notification, each time an user comments one of your photos.
Edited: 2015-06-19 [JBr]